Under the leadership, guidance, and direction of its president, the pioneer of science, knowledge and scientists, His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah, the University of Sharjah not only seeks to raise its profile among universities at the local, regional and international levels but also to achieve progress in accordance with one of its most comprehensive five-year strategic plans, extending to the year 2019. To this end, the University relies upon its academic and research partnerships with more than (200) universities and international research centers and institutions as well as its university community comprised of (618) faculty members from among scientists and specialists and (1,218) members of administrative and technical staff, specialized in administrative and technical leadership and the latest of specializations.MAIN FUNCTIONS:
Overall strategic and operational financial management of the University which includes consultation, operational and strategic guidance in developing the procedures, policies, work mechanisms, and organizational plans of the Finance Department. Assist the Vice-Chancellor for Finance & Administration Affairs in setting the long-term objectives of the University and the strategies necessary to achieve these objectives. Develop and maintain an effective internal control systems throughout the University to safeguard its assets, and efficiency and effectiveness of operations. Key responsibilities:
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS AND CONTACTS:
- Provide assistance to senior management of the University in setting the short, and long-term objectives and procedures.
- Develop and guide on the design of framework and its process for the preparation of the annual budget
- Establish and ensure the implementation and maintenance of effective budgetary, accounting, cost and other operating controls to best utilize the University's resources.
- Develop and motivate department team as well as create Finance Department procedures and ensure that they are complied with UOS Bylaws and best practice.
- Ensure that the University's financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Implement an effective process of cash flow projection and working capital management.
- Provide management with monthly reports on financial performance, key initiatives and challenges of the department
- Effective management of accounting governance, internal controls and compliance to University Bylaws, Regulations and Policies
- Planning, organizing and developing team members with implementation of KPIs for performance evaluation and improvement.
- Manage and arrange external audit process of University's accounts.
- Authorize payments, deposits and transfers within defined authority limits.
- Complete any other job-related tasks as assigned by Chancellor or Vice Chancellor Finance & Administration within the expected time limit.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Qualifications and Professional Degrees:
- Establish and maintain positive working relationship with others - both internal and external stakeholders
- Employees from all academic and administrative departments
- Higher Administration i.e. Chancellor, VCs, Deans and Directors
- External contacts including banks, Sharjah Finance Department, other departments of Sharjah and External auditors
- Professionally Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA etc.).
- Excellent computer operation skills with hand-on experience of working on ERP system i.e. Oracle, Banner etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of IFRS/IAS and commercial law
10-15 years of relevant experience in a leadership position, managing a range of responsibilities preferably at higher education institutions.SKILLS:
- Results-oriented and able to demonstrate strategic thinking, innovation and flexibility in dealing with changing and perplexing situations.
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative and multicultural work environment with a track record of measurable accomplishments.
- Good interpersonal and time-management skills, flexibility, and ability to function effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to analyze circumstances and issues, recognize strategic implications, apply specialized expertise, and develop broader financial knowledge in order to define problems, priorities and desired outcomes.
- Job application accompanied by CV and three letters of reference.
- Copy of academic degrees, together with experience and job training certificates.
- Applications and CVs may be sent in one of two ways:
- Email: Finance_Director@sharjah.ac.ae
- Post: Office of the Chancellor.
- P.O. Box: 27272 Sharjah – United Arab Emirates (private and confidential)
- Deadline for Submission of Application: 20th March 2017
- Review of Applications: from 25th March 2017