The University of Sharjah is a nonprofit autonomous institution of higher education, operating under its own Board of Trustees, in accordance with the directives of its President, His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammad Al-Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah.
The University of Sharjah is among the leading universities in the region and is recognized internationally for its comprehensive academic and professional programs of the highest academic standards as well as its ultra-modern science, research, and medical facilities. Endowed with this integrated platform of education, science, medicine and research, the University aims to contribute to the economic and social development of the Emirate of Sharjah and the wider United Arab Emirates and accomplishes this within the socio-cultural framework of the region and in adherence to Islamic values and traditions.
The University currently employs around 600 full-time faculty members to serve a student population of over 13,300 students. Its colleges include: Sharia and Islamic Studies, Sciences, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Business Administration, Engineering, Health Sciences, Communication, Law, Fine Arts and Design, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, the Community College and the Research and Graduate Studies Council.
The University's main campus is located within Sharjah University City, just 10 minutes from the Sharjah International Airport and 20 minutes from Dubai International Airport. The University is comprised of five campuses including its main campus in Sharjah and branch locations in Khorfakkan, Kalba, Dibba Al-Hisn and Meleiha.
Academic Institute of Leadership in Higher Education
The institute has an all-embracing function that includes teaching, research, consultation and service provision in higher education through maintaining the leadership position of the University of Sharjah in higher education, training faculty in the full spectrum of the art and science of education, providing expert support for innovation in higher education, nurturing the career of the academic staff and develop leaders in higher education, and advancing educational knowledge and practice through research and scholarly activities. The Institute currently offers a Master's Program of Leadership in Health Profession Education.
The Director of the Academic Institute of Leadership in Higher Education reports directly to the Chancellor's office.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Director
- Provides leadership and direction for the design, development, implementation and evaluation of faculty development programs in leadership and teaching and learning.
- Supports the application of advanced scholarly research related to leadership and institutional improvement.
- Works actively with the Chancellor's Office, college senior administrative staff, and faculty leaders to support the improvement plans and related efforts.
- Oversees daily operations of the Institute, including the supervision of support staff in the implementation and analyses of training programs to ensure service to the campus and external communities is provided in a professional, ethical, and timely manner.
- PhD degree required from a reputed institution with a focus in leadership and excellence in learning and teaching in a multidisciplinary environment.
- A rank of full professor is preferred.
- Distinguished academic experience (eight years preferred) of increasing complexity in higher education and demonstrated record of comparable professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability in leading planning activities, implementation of improvement plans in leadership and learning and teaching.
- Expertise in methodologies of evaluation and assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully and collaboratively with faculty and personnel at all administrative levels.
- A full command of spoken and written English and preferably Arabic.
The University of Sharjah offers a competitive tax-free salary and an excellent benefits package. For more details about salaries and benefits, please visit our website at: http//www.sharjah.ac.ae
Interested candidates should submit their CV to: email@example.com