DIRECTOR OF THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Under the leadership, guidance, and direction of its president, the pioneer of science, knowledge and scientists, His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah, the University of Sharjah not only seeks to raise its profile among universities at the local, regional and international levels but also to achieve progress in accordance with one of its most comprehensive five-year strategic plans, extending to the year 2019. To this end, the University relies upon its academic and research partnerships with more than (200) universities and international research centers and institutions as well as its university community comprised of (618) faculty members from among scientists and specialists and (1,218) members of administrative and technical staff, specialized in administrative and technical leadership and the latest of specializations.
The incumbent is responsible for providing consultation and operational and strategic guidance in developing the procedures, policies, work mechanisms, and organizational plans of the Department of Human Resources in order to ensure the effective use of human resources in all academic and administrative departments in the University as well as develop strategies to provide training needs and employee incentives.
PRINCIPLE MANDATE AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for making recommendations regarding salaries and benefits, staff selection, disciplinary actions, grievances, and staff performance evaluation as well as formulating plans, assigning duties and evaluating the work of staff with the aim of achieving the effectiveness of the department.
- Develop and implement the operational and business plans of the department and contribute to their execution in accordance with department strategies.
- Provide fundamental and necessary input to enhance the policies and procedures of the HR Department and follow all standard operational procedures and instructions to ensure the execution of work in an accurate manner, consistent with the bylaws and regulations in effect at the University.
- Develop and maintain highly effective procedures applicable when new employees commence work and upon their end of service, emphasizing the importance and value of welcoming and integrating new employees at the University and ensuring organized end-of-service procedures.
- Develop a collaborative relationship at all levels of the University, provide consultation and guidance to faculty and administrative staff members on issues related to human resources and promote the department as a flexible unit, available and accessible to all.
- Develop, implement and oversee the budget of the HR Department.
- Oversee the development of the employee organizational structure, job descriptions, and job grades, in coordination with the various colleges and departments at the University.
- Oversee the implementation of training programs and sessions in accordance with the various training needs of University staff.
- Oversee the preparation and development of staff awards and incentives, in coordination with concerned departments and units.
- Undertake any other related work as assigned.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS AND CONTACTS
- Administrative staff.
- Employees from all academic and administrative departments in the University.
- Higher Administration.
- External contacts depending on the nature of administrative work.
Master Degree in Human Resources Management; Doctoral
degree (PhD) or the equivalent preferred.
10-15 years of experience in a leadership position/s
in the field of human resources, managing a range of responsibilities
preferably at an institution/s of higher education.
- Results-oriented and able to demonstrate strategic thinking, innovation and flexibility in dealing with changing and perplexing situations.
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative and multicultural work environment with a track record of measurable accomplishments.
- Excellent project management skills and demonstration of successful project leadership, from the planning phase through completion; preferred familiarity with the latest of HR management systems such as (Oracle software).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to analyse circumstances and issues, recognize strategic implications, apply specialized expertise, and develop broader HR knowledge in order to define problems, priorities and desired outcomes.
- Job application accompanied by CV and five letters of reference.
- Copy of academic degrees, together with experience and job training certificates.
- Address: Applications and CVs may be sent in one of two ways:
- Email: DIR-HR@sharjah.ac.ae
- Postal mail: University of Sharjah, Office of the Chancellor – private and confidential, P.O. Box 27272 Sharjah – United Arab Emirates
- Deadline for Submission of Application: Applications may be submitted from the date of the announcement until the position is filled.
- Review of Applications: The review applications will be fully confidential and begin on 2/15/2017.