The University of Sharjah (UOS), a leading and nonprofit institution of higher education, operates under its own Board of Trustees in accordance with the directives of its founder and President, His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah.
UOS offers a comprehensive and integrated platform of knowledge and sciences, medicine, engineering and research and contributes to the socio-economic growth of the Emirate of Sharjah, while adhering to Arab Islamic values and traditions.
Approximately 650 faculty members, employed fulltime at the University, provide over 15,000 students high quality education through 14 different colleges.
The University's campus, located within Sharjah University City, is just 10 minutes from Sharjah International Airport and 20 minutes from Dubai International Airport. The University is comprised of six campuses, including its main campus in Sharjah and its branch locations in Al Dhaid, Khorfakkan, Kalba, Dibba Al Hisn and Meleiha.
The Sharjah International Foundation for the History of Arab and Muslim Sciences (SIFHAMS) is a specialized foundation at the University of Sharjah, which was established by decision of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council, Ruler of Sharjah, and President of the University of Sharjah, in the year 2015. The Foundation falls under the chairmanship of His Highness as a leading international foundation to serve Arab and Islamic heritage and its various specializations. The Foundation operates under its own board of trustees, which consists of notable scholars specialized in fields related to the history of Arab and Muslim sciences. The Board of Trustees oversees the Foundation's course of progress aimed at realizing its vision, mission, values and objectives, through its various departments: Department of Sharia Sciences, Department of Humanities, Department of Pure and Applied Sciences, Department of Medical, Health and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Languages and Translation, Library, Museum, Journal Department, and Sharjah International Award for the History of Arab and Muslim Sciences.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Oversee fulfilment of the Foundation vision, mission, values and objectives.
- Develop, implement and evaluate various programs.
- Develop and evaluate staff, according to the highest of professional standards.
- Support related research and ensure its dissemination.
- Work effectively with research institutes and centers at the University of Sharjah and other universities and institutions concerned with the revitalization of Arab and Islamic heritage to support research, developmental plans and related efforts.
- Oversee professorial chairs and monitor their proper functioning.
- Oversee the Foundation museum and library.
- Monitor graduate students at their various stages of achievements.
- Oversee the investigation and publication of manuscripts related to the history of Arab and Muslim sciences and set priorities for their translation.
- Organize conferences, symposia and workshops to serve the objectives of the Foundation.
- Publicize the accomplishments of the Foundation through the various media.
- PhD in an area of relevance to the specializations of the Foundation.
- Rank of professor.
- A minimum of 10 years distinguished academic experience at an institution of higher education in the Arab world or outside.
- Distinguished research publications.
- A minimum of five (5) years administrative experience.
- The ability to lead research activities and prepare plans for the implementation and development of such.
- The ability to work in successful cooperation with the UOS vice chancellors, college deans, faculty and staff at all administrative levels.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English speaking and writing.
The University of Sharjah provides a competitive tax-free salary and benefits. For more information on salaries and benefits, please visit the University website at: http//www.sharjah.ac.ae
Interested candidates, possessing the required experience and qualifications, are invited to send their CV and cover letter, together with the names of three references (including current or most recent employer), to the below address.
Applications may be submitted online or by postal mail to:
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
University of Sharjah
P.O. Box 27272
Sharjah – United Arab Emirates
Candidates are urged to send their application by email as an attached document. Those who are shortlisted will be requested to send sealed envelopes containing their official university transcripts.