The University of Sharjah is a nonprofit independent institution of higher education. Its global vision and comprehensive research and academic programs at the diploma, bachelor and graduate (master's and PhD) levels attract over 15,000 distinguished students from more than 100 different nationalities. More than 630 full-time faculty members deliver quality education through its colleges of Sharia and Islamic Studies, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Business Administration, Sciences, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Communication, Medicine, Dental Medicine, Pharmacy, Fine Arts and Design, Community College and College of Graduate Studies. The University is located just 30 minutes from Dubai International Airport and 10 minutes from Sharjah International Airport.
For more information about the University of Sharjah, please visit our website at: http//www.sharjah.ac.ae
The University of Sharjah is pleased to announce the vacancy of the position for the Director of the EMBA and MBA Programs for the academic year 2019/2020.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAMS
Executive Master in Business Administration:
The Executive Master in Business Administration (EMBA) program was launched at the University of Sharjah in the year 2000. The program offers a distinctive platform for cultivating practical experience and fundamental leadership skills in future leaders and enabling local and regional managers and directors to assume leadership positions and manage the helm of leadership in a competitive work environment under various circumstances.
Master in Business Administration:
The Master in Business Administration (MBA) program was first offered in the spring semester 2016/2017. The program provides students with the opportunity to specialize in the fields of Islamic finance and healthcare management, in addition to the general specialization of business administration. The program also prepares graduates for higher administrative positions through developing their knowledge and skills in the field of business administration, which helps to refine their personal and professional skills and gives them an opportunity to select their chosen field of specialization.
MANDATE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECTOR OF THE PROGRAMS:
- Contribute to realizing the vision, mission and objectives of the University.
- Develop, implement and evaluate various programs.
- Support the application and dissemination of related research.
- Follow up on the progress of students, according to their study plans and stages of achievement.
- Consolidate strategic objectives and policies related to the educational process and research activities of the program.
- Actively contribute to the College Council as one of its members.
- Prepare a report on program needs and submit it to the Dean at the appropriate time for his/her consideration when preparing the annual budget.
- Oversee the selection of textbooks and references for courses offered through the program.
- Propose the distribution of the faculty teaching load for presentation to the College Council.
- Prepare all reports as required by the Deanship and University Administration.
- Prepare documents on the quality of the educational process and documents for academic accreditation.
- Oversee the preparation of program plans for the assessment and evaluation of courses, consistent with the program study plans in terms of objectives, outcomes and means of implementation.
- Submit a full report at the end of each academic year on the educational and academic aspects of the program for presentation to the College Council.
- Organize conferences, symposia and workshops to serve the program objectives.
- Disseminate the research and academic achievements of the program through the various media.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in the one of the specializations of business administration from a local or international reputable university.
- Holding the rank of professor.
- Record of distinction in teaching, research and community service.
- Experience in an administrative position, preferably as a department head or program director at a reputable university for a period of no less than two years.
- Familiarity with the credit-hour system.
- Proficiency in the use of information technology in the educational process.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English writing and speaking.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to lead research activities and prepare plans for the implementation of research and its improvement.
- Ability to work in a successful collaborative manner with the University's vice chancellors, college deans, faculty members and staff at all administrative levels in the College.
For those interested, and possessing the required experience and qualifications, please send your CV and cover letter, together with the names of three references (including current or most recent employer), to the email address below:
Review of applications will begin on November 15, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. The candidate may expect to begin work in August 2019. Applicants are requested to submit their applications by email in the form of attached files.