Job tasks & Expectations
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the academic research environment and current issues in research administration, policy and funding.
- Ideal candidate will have a successful track record of leadership in a complex university, and be skilled in strategy development, enterprise and organizational change.
- He/ she will combine the ability to act as an ambassador for the University of Sharjah with an effective approach to manage and share accountability across a senior team.
- Proven capability to develop and deliver a strategic plan for Research.
- Work in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Professional spoken and written business English communication with clear presentation skills and the ability to influence.
- Excellent proficiency in MS office applications.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English languages
Preferred Qualification &
- Must be a full professor with a proven record of academic experience, including teaching, research and community service, in area of humanities and social sciences.
- Must have a demonstrated record of research leadership.
- Must have significant research administration experience.
- Must have experience in academic program development and accreditation.
- Must have a demonstrated record of substantial contributions to university research system/policy development
- Must have integrity and excellent leadership, communication, and people management skills
For those interested, and possessing the required experience and qualifications, please send your CV and cover letter, together with the names of three references (including current or most recent employer), to the email address below: