The University of Sharjah is a nonprofit independent institution of higher education. Its global vision and comprehensive research and academic programs at the diploma, bachelor and graduate (master's and PhD) levels attract over 15,300 distinguished students from more than 100 different nationalities. More than 630 full-time faculty members deliver quality education through its colleges of Sharia and Islamic Studies, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Business Administration, Sciences, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Communication, Medicine, Dental Medicine, Pharmacy, Fine Arts and Design, Computing and Informatics and College of Graduate Studies. The University is located just 30 minutes from Dubai International Airport and 10 minutes from Sharjah International Airport.
For more information about the University of Sharjah, please visit our website at: http//www.sharjah.ac.ae
The University of Sharjah is pleased to announce vacancies for the position of Academic Department Chairperson for the academic year 2020/2021.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Academic Department Chairperson reports directly to the Dean of the College and manages, provides guidance and coordinates all educational, research and teaching activities in the Department, consistent with the vision and objectives of the College.
- Consolidate strategic objectives and policies related to the educational process and research activities in the Department and oversee their application as well as assist faculty members in this regard.
- Propose and develop academic and research plans for the Department and oversee their implementation.
- Actively contribute to the College Council as one of its members.
- Prepare a statement on the department needs and submit it to the Dean, at the appropriate time after first presenting it to the Department Council, for his/her consideration when preparing the annual budget.
- Maintain records on department activities and University records concerning the Department and supervise their use in accordance with the policies and regulations in effect.
- Oversee the selection of textbooks and references for the courses offered by the Department.
- Propose distribution of the faculty teaching load for presentation to the Department Council.
- Assign students to academic advisors and follow up on the progress of students, according to their study plans.
- Prepare all reports as requested by the Deanship and University Administration.
- Prepare documents on the quality of the educational process for academic accreditation.
- Oversee the preparation of a department plan for the assessment and evaluation of courses offered by the Department, consistent with the program study plans in terms of objectives, outcomes and means of implementation.
- Submit a full report at the end of each academic year on the educational and academic aspects of the Department and faculty activities in research, publishing research and community service for presentation to the College Council.
PhD in the required specialization from a local or international reputable university.
Holding the rank of a professor.
Record of distinction in teaching, research and community service.
Experience in an administrative position, preferably as a department head at a reputable university for a period of no less than two years.
Familiarity with the credit-hour system.
Proficiency in the use of information technology in the educational process.
Proficiency in Arabic and English writing and speaking.
Strong communication skills.
Interested candidates, possessing the required experience and qualifications, are invited to apply the following form. Please include with your CV the names, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references..
College of Law:
Please visit the link below to learn more about the department and its programs: