The University of Sharjah is an independent institution with more than 16000 students and over 650 full-time faculty members. The University of Sharjah is considered one of the leading institutions of higher education in the Arab Gulf region and Middle East. It offers academic programs in a number of specializations, including arts, humanities and social sciences, the medical specialties, health sciences, engineering, Basic & applied sciences, business administration, communication, law, sharia and Islamic studies, and fine arts and design, and Computing And Informatics.
The University offers a prime location and state-of-the-art facilities where it is located in Sharjah University City, close to Sharjah City Center and the pristine coastal areas of Sharjah and the Emirates of Dubai and Ajman.
The University of Sharjah attracts outstanding students from the UAE, GCC countries and a number of other Arab and foreign countries.
The University of Sharjah currently has available the position of Dean of Academic Support Services - Academic Year 2021 / 2022
Scope of Work
The Dean of Academic Services seeks to realize the vision, mission and objectives of the University of Sharjah through managing and developing academic support centers and departments, which include: libraries, Central Labs, Registration and Admission departments. The goal of the deanship is to provide support services for faculty and students in the University so that they meet the requirements of the University's many programs and activities.
The position of Dean of Academic Support Services is considered a senior leadership position at the University because of the many centers, departments and units that fall under the Dean's authority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervising the administration of the University's centers, departments and units and evaluating them on a continuous basis.
- Overseeing the implementation of admissions policies and following up on all procedures related to the admission of new students and students transferring within the University or from other universities in accordance with the University's by-laws and regulations.
- Overseeing the registration of students for all University specializations and majors by the deadlines specified in the academic calendar, and approved by the Deans Council, in accordance with the admissions and registration by-laws and regulations.
- Overseeing the evaluation and full planning for the University's libraries.
- Planning and evaluating, on an ongoing basis, the role of IT in academic and administrative matters.
- Supervising the work of the Central Laboratories and evaluating it.
- Coordinating with the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and the Vice Chancellor of the Medical Colleges in matters related to their authority.
- Approving the budgets of the centers, departments and units subject to the Dean and forwarding these to the Chancellor.
- Any other matters commissioned by the Chancellor.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- PhD from a recognized university.
- The rank of at least an associate professor in one of the science specializations or engineering or health or humanities.
- Full proficiency in the English and Arabic languages, in both speaking and writing.
- A clear vision for developing and improving the performance of various support service units and departments in the University.
- A comprehensive background and excellent skills in information technology.
Interested candidates, possessing the required experience and qualifications, please submit the application accompanied by a recent CV including the names of three references.
The University of Sharjah offers a competitive tax-free salary and an excellent benefits package. For more details on salaries and benefits, please visit our website at: http//www.sharjah.ac.ae