Objective of the Role
To support the University of Sharjah and its community with facilities management services, by adapting and implementing facilities management strategies to deliver continuous improvement, as well as recommend best practices that will further improve the different campuses and facilities at UoS.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the development and the formulation of maintenance plans and strategies in line with the operational requirements to ensure well managed and well maintained campus and residential buildings.
- Manage building services and UoS assets, and ensure that environmental health, safety, and quality programs are in conjunction with the department's objectives.
- Drive business improvements and efficiency practices to achieve budget and cost reduction targets.
- Oversee contractor/vendor performances to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement, and report on any issues/violations when necessary.
- Monitor day-to-day Facilities Management activities and ensure that business processes and workflows are executed correctly and efficiently. As well as ensure that job tasks are distributed between team members fairly and professionally.
- Ensure the security of UoS buildings by researching and implementing various security measures, such as surveillance cameras, intruder alarm systems, access control procedures, etc.
- Manage service providers and ensure that the service is delivered in line with the contract/SLA. As well as evaluate service provider performance and activities through monthly audits and identifying needs for improvement or changes.
- Cooperate with the Project Management and Planning team, and provide them with the required support and resources to ensure project success.
- Provide leadership to the section's team in order to build and develop their organizational capabilities, provide them with development opportunities, as well as report on their performance.
- Ensure the proper implementation of health and safety regulations as per industry best practices, and report any matters of concern to the line manager and/or related personnel in order to take action.
- Participate in the preparation of the department's annual budget, in collaboration with the director and other heads, and track the section's expenditures and ensuring they are within the limits of the budget.
- Prepare various reports, analysis and statistics related to the Facilities Management section when requested.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Electrical, Civil Engineering or a relevant discipline.
- 12-14 years of UAE experience in similar role preferably in higher education institutions.
- Priority is to UAE Nationals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to prepare professional documents, in both Arabic and English.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of operating the required software/hardware.
- Excellent knowledge about strategies for improving utility usage efficiency and concepts.
- Knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical systems (e.g. high tension, ELV systems and HVAC system).
- Leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Project and time management skills.
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Clear presentation skills and ability to influence.
- Experience in managing teams including the development and delivery of on-the job training and mentoring.
- Ability to work with diverse business units and to quickly adapt and understand key business challenges.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Flexibility and ability to function effectively as part of a team.