· To monitor the building management system (BMS) for alarms. To carry out a remote fix to resolve an alarm, or where not possible, raise a work order (WO) for a contractor to investigate and fix the fault. Then follow up to ensure the WO is satisfactorily closed out and the issue resolved.
· Responsible for proactively identifying improvements to the system in order to reduce BMS-related plant and system failures, and to improve the efficiency of the client estates.
· Respond to client queries regarding issues at their sites.
· Maintain and update reporting dashboard for monthly client reporting.
· Provide technical advice and input on BMS development opportunities.
· Management, operation and testing of BMS software and systems, including Trend and Sigma controllers.
· Be the first point of contact for alarm monitoring and BMS interrogation.
· Interface with other Technicians, engineers and the supply chain, providing technical support and documentation of works undertaken.
· Develop a working practice to enable the pro-active support of our customer base via alarm monitoring and diagnostics
· Demonstrate the ability to gather and interrogate information effectively, leading to a structured and logical outcome to rectify the task in hand
· Follow up work orders to ensure satisfactory closure.
· Maximize on all opportunities to learn from colleagues and day to day situations
· Assist in the implementation of updating day to day processes and applications
· Responsible for maintaining department and personal key performance indicators
· Maintain accurate records of all tasks undertaken
· Good time management skills with the ability to priorities workloads
· A focus on customer satisfaction
· Prepare detailed reports, technical communications and dashboards on work carried out
· Support all BMS Technicians to be fully competent in all aspects of their role including responding to alarms and carrying out remote fixes.
· Train selected ICC Technicians to ensure they have a basic level of comprehension and understanding of alarm monitoring for all BMS systems managed by KBR.
· Support the ICC Technicians by answering calls during peak times in order to meet KPIs.
· Provide technical assistance to introduce condition based maintenance and run time maintenance in agreed areas, using the BMS.
· Implement energy saving initiatives by additional monitoring or modification of control systems
- · Reduction of system alarms, lockouts, overrides, disables, off-lines, by accurate calibration and adjustment of field sensors, switches etc.