1. The Graduate Students Lab Officer organize, manage and support dental graduate students in laboratory research at Sharjah Institute for Medical Research and College of Dental Medicine.
2. Coordinate with Research Group Supervisors to organize the labs for graduate students research activities to ensure smooth running of the labs, with respect to students organized rotations in the labs, to enable all students to have equal opportunities to complete their research work efficiently.
3. Ensure harmony and safety of graduate students in the labs with proper storage, handling and appropriate distribution of materials and consumables, for research work to ensure proper use of resources.
4. Organize students training and supervision in bench work and scientific techniques.
5. Support students in purchasing materials and consumables for research.
6. Report on project progress, identify issues that lead to work delay and suggest solutions to overcome problems to ensure graduate students project milestones are timely achieved.
7. Responsible for inventory of consumables and materials, equipment and instruments in students labs, including maintenance, servicing and validation of lab scientific equipment belonging to College of Dental Medicine.