· The Sharjah Institute for Medical Research (SIMR) is currently recruiting a postdoctoral fellow in the Cardiovascular Research Group.
· The ideal candidate should hold a PhD in a biomedical science field with a minimum of two years experience in Cardiovascular research including but not limited heart failure models, hypertension, platelet signaling and thrombosis.
· He/She should have experience in animal handlings, mammalian cell culture, techniques such as PCR, qRT-PCR, western blot, flow cytometry, platelet aggregometry, confocal microscopy, ELISA and other basic cell-based experiments.
· Candidates with experience in animal models of cardiovascular diseases, drug administration, measurement of Blood Pressure by Tail Cuff, and blood collection through retro-orbital puncture, will be preferred.
- An in-depth knowledge of techniques related to cardiovascular diseases, and techniques such as PCR, qRT-PCR, Co-immunoprecipitation, immunoblotting, flow cytometric testing and analysis, platelet aggregometry, as well familiarity with confocal microscopy.
- Experience with animal handling and establishing animal models of cardiovascular diseases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable him/her to smoothly interact with staff and faculty at the institute.
- Ability to work as part of a team