Main accountabilities & expectations
1. Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and
transmitting text, data, and graphics.
2. Organizes work by reading and routing correspondence; collecting information; initiating
3. Maintains department schedule by maintaining calendars for department personnel;
arranging meetings, conferences.
4. Completes requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone; answering or
5. Prepares reports by collecting information.
6. Secretary Skills and Qualifications:
7. Administrative Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft
Office Skills, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Organization, Typing, Verbal
8. Performing other duties as assigned by the line manager/director
Job Specific Accountabilities
1. Participate in developing the department’s operational and business plans and contribute in the
execution of same in line with the department’s strategy in order to support the achievement of
the department’s strategic objectives.
2. Provide input to enhance the department’s policy and procedures, and follow all relevant
processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions to ensure that work is carried out in a
controlled and consistent manner.
Systems, Processes and Reports
3. Generate relevant reports and ensure that they are prepared timely and accurately and meet the
department’s requirements and standards
Excellent communication skills, both interpersonally and in writing.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Ability to work under pressure, multitask, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively with other
Executive Team members and other staff.
Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and self-direction,
Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to effectively share information
across and between multiple disciplines and reach audiences with varied technical and
Preferred Qualification & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Business or relevant discipline.
3 years of UAE experience in similar role preferably in higher education institutions.
Priority is to UAE Nationals (Male).
Integrity & Respect
Promote an openness, honesty and sincerity work environment in all
communications with both internal and external customer.
Respect UOS core values, the dignity and culture-diversity of all members
of the university’s community.
Demonstrate flexibility in the face of change and respond positively to
unexpected and rapidly changing work conditions.
Open to new ideas and initiatives relevant to own area of work.
Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of colleagues, by
showing interest and carefully listening to their needs.
Keep people accurately informed and up to date.
Use clear, understandable language appropriate to the receiver.
Time Management: Determine the appropriate allocation of time.
Task Management: Balance conflicting priorities in order to manage
workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical
Address conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective
solutions when disagreements occur.
Work to resolve conflict among team members by showing respect for
others’ opinions and working toward agreeable solutions.
Deliver work of a high standard of quality and according to procedures,
rules and regulations.
Accept full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member.
Display a strong commitment to organizational success