Main accountabilities & expectations
- Participate in the organization of the orientation process for new students and their parents by guiding them through the dormitory as well as to their rooms to ensure the students' awareness of the facilities.
- Maintain the Dorm's facilities by assessing and recording the status of all rooms (e.g. study rooms, TV rooms, other facilitates) and reports all repairs and damages to the dormitory teams to maintain the facilities' performance.
- Coordinate student room assignments, check-in and departure, as well as perform regular room inspections.
- Administer the annual dormitory students' activities through planning and promoting educational programs to encourage students to participate.
- Keep students updated with the latest news by refreshing board announcements regularly with up to date information on the UoS' regulations, activities, trips, etc. in order to ensure students are aware of any changes.
- Request, follow up and receive supplies and requirements associated with dormitory operations.
- Coordinate with UoS transportation section for any required transport services to and from the dorms.
- Responsible for enforcing UoS dorm rules and regulations and report students who do not follow them.
- Develop a positive and respectful relationship with the students living in the dormitory.
- Ensure the safety of the dormitory students by making them aware of the UoS related procedures, punctuality, dress code, code of conduct, visiting schedules, health and safety regulations.