The Computer Engineering (CE) Department at the University of Sharjah (UOS) invites qualified candidates from Assistant Professor academic rank to apply for full-time faculty position. Candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels, a demonstrable research capability that will enable the candidate to develop and sustain an internally and/or externally funded research program in his/her area of expertise, publish his/her research findings in refereed journals, and actively engage in promoting the growth of the UOS.
The opening for a full-time faculty member in Computer Engineering Department in Cybersecurity Engineering Programs (background in Cryptography, Digital forensics, ethical hacking is necessary) at the level of Assistant Professor commencing in September 2022.
The successful candidates are expected to :
• Have a Ph.D. in the areas specified above or in closely related fields (From a reputable and internationally recognized University).
• Have demonstrated effective teaching experience in the above-mentioned fields or related ones at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
• Have a strong record of accomplishment of research publications in refereed scholarly international journals with good impact factors.
• Experience in supervising Senior Design Projects, Master and PhD Theses/Dissertations
• Interest and experience in bridging links with industry and the community are also expected
• Have a strong Engineering background
The CE Department at UOS is committed to excellence in teaching, research and services to the university and community. It has ABET accredited B.Sc. undergraduate program in Computer Engineering. It also has M.Sc. program in Computer Engineering and PhD program in Electrical and Computer Engineering.