Dean of Quality Assurance, Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation
The University of Sharjah is a nonprofit autonomous institution of higher education, operating under its own Board of Trustees, in accordance with the directives of its President, His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah.
The University of Sharjah is among the leading universities in the region and is recognized internationally for its comprehensive academic and professional programs of the highest academic standards as well as its ultra-modern science, research, and medical facilities. Endowed with this integrated platform of education, science, medicine and research, the University aims to contribute to the economic and social development of the Emirate of Sharjah and the wider United Arab Emirates and accomplishes this within the socio-cultural framework of the region and in adherence to Islamic values and traditions.
The University currently employs 530 full-time faculty members to serve a student population of over 12,500 students. Its colleges include: Sharia and Islamic Studies, Sciences, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Business Administration, Engineering, Health Sciences, Communication, Law, Fine Arts and Design, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Graduate Studies and Research, and the Community College.
The University's main campus is located within Sharjah University City, just 10 minutes from the Sharjah International Airport and 30 minutes from Dubai International Airport. The University is comprised of five campuses including its main campus in Sharjah and branch locations in Khorfakkan, Kalba, Dibba Al-Hisn and Meleiha.
The Deanship of Quality Assurance, Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation (DQAIEA) plays a pivotal role in identifying priorities, designing of plans, initiating implementation, analyzing performance, and improving the overall activities related to institutional effectiveness and accreditation at the University. The University's institutional effectiveness framework follows a dynamic and flexible approach in utilizing quantitative and qualitative methods to assess performance and analyze effectiveness in a wide variety of programs and delivery and assessment methods. The results of these processes are then used as input that leads decision-making and continuous improvement at the program, college and University level.
The Deanship has the following goals:
- Coordinate and prepare for national and international accreditation and determine factors that are critical in obtaining institutional accreditation and assure that University of Sharjah implements effective plans to address those factors.
- Prepare and maintain the University portfolio of programs by developing and implementing an institutional database for University of Sharjah that will integrate data from all sources of information in all colleges of the university.
- Harmonize the institutional effectiveness activities to ensure that all academic and administrative units achieve their outcomes and ensure consistency in all campus locations.
- Identify gaps in data; establish procedures to maintain quality of data; ensure the proper use of knowledge and internal/external assessment data.
- Enhance the implementation of appropriate learning and teaching methodologies suitable for each program.
- Design and update the evaluation and assessment methods appropriate for each category of programs and verify all development plans.
- Ensure that all existing and planned curricula meet the required standards and have well defined outcomes.
- Prepare progress reports at all levels and periodically review and evaluate the implementation of the strategic plan and directions.
Scope of Work
The Dean for Quality Assurance, Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation reports directly to the Chancellor's office. He/she provides information and analysis to support administrative decision making, strategic planning, and strategic initiatives; designs, conducts, and analyzes surveys and special studies; responds to information requests from internal and external constituents; provides accurate data and analysis for the national, regional and international agencies; supports campus-wide assessment and accreditation efforts; assists campus constituents in using and interpreting institutional data; and convenes task forces as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Assists University administrative and academic officers with research and analysis of institutional and/or comparative data used to support and enhance evidence-based decision making and policy formation.
- Provides leadership and direction for the design, development, and evaluation policies and procedures and key performance indicators of institution-wide effectiveness.
- Develops methods for gathering, tracking, and maintaining information; facilitates institutional research activities in the management, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of various data and information used internally in institutional planning and assessment, including those associated with student enrollment and admission, retention and success rates, academic performance and graduation rates.
- Supports the application of advanced institutional research methodologies and software systems and in the creation and management of large database systems.
- Designs, conducts, and analyzes and manages surveys and studies at the college and University levels and provides analysis and interpretation in planning, review, and decision making.
- Works actively with the Chancellor's Office, college senior administrative staff, and faculty leaders to support the development of college strategic and improvement plans and related efforts.
- Assists with the academic and administrative planning and program review process and coordinates completion of a variety of self-studies, such as annual reports, internal/external surveys, and course/program assessment reports.
- Maintains an up-to-date and thorough acknowledgement of national and international accreditation requirements (at institutional and program levels), communicates changes and other important information to appropriate campus personnel, and assumes overall administrative responsibility for matters related to accreditation and compliance with academic standards and best practices.
- Oversees daily operations of the Deanship, including the supervision of support staff in the collection and analyses of data while monitoring workloads to ensure service to the campus and external communities is provided in a professional, ethical, and timely manner.
- PhD degree required from a reputed institution with a focus in academic quality assurance, institutional effectiveness and accreditation. A rank of full professor is preferred.
- Distinguished academic experience (eight years preferred) of increasing complexity in higher education, institutional research, program evaluation, and campus planning, or a demonstrated record of comparable professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability in leading strategic planning activities/accreditation and engage in evidence-based improvement and decision-making.
- Expertise in methodologies of evaluation, assessment, survey research, statistics, and data analysis.
- Participation in professional research and engaging in activities related to assessment and institutional effectiveness with organizations at the national, regional, and international level, keeping current in all aspects of the profession.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully and collaboratively with faculty and personnel at all administrative levels.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally both orally and in writing, with evidence of success in explaining, presenting, and interpreting data, including producing written reports and making presentations to a variety of audiences.
- A full command of spoken and written English and preferably Arabic
A complete application dossier should include: A resume; cover letter with a brief description of relevant qualifications and experience; and names/titles and contact information (address, phone number and e-mail address) of at least three references.
Submit applications to: email@example.com
The University of Sharjah offers a competitive tax-free salary and an excellent benefits package. For more details about salaries and benefits, please visit our website at: http//www.sharjah.ac.ae
Job has been Closed