1. Ensure that clinical orientation occurs on the first day of the clinical experience, and conduct tutorial sessions to clinical students whenever needed.
2. Create learning opportunities and develop approaches that improves the clinical experience for students. As well as, allocate a realistic clinical workload, which allows students to learn and practise their skills in accordance with the philosophy of the curriculum.
3. Conduct clinical training sessions and ensure that students receive required instruction and/or supervision by the clinical site preceptors during the training hours at the clinical site. In addition to contributing in teaching and organizing clinical CME activities.
4. Manage and keep track of student attendance and other student progress records, ensuring that all related documents are acknowledged and signed (by students and the tutor).
5. Complete both formative and summative assessment data as per the clinical assessment requirements for each clinical course.
6. Ensure that safety equipment and protective uniforms are being used while carrying out duties as required.
7. Maintain and update laboratory inventory lists, and order laboratory equipment and consumables as per required specifications.
8. Organize and participate in clinical assessments and examinations including OSCEs. As well as facilitate small group sessions/tutorials e.g. Patient-centered learning (PBL), to help improve student performance.
9. Assist in organizing student's field visits and training in various clinical and community health facilities.
10. Ensure that Health and Safety standards are implemented at all times, and report emergencies or any matters of concern immediately to the related personnel in order to take action.
11. Ensure and reinforce the proper use and care of equipment and materials as per the College and University of Sharjah’s policies, procedures, and quality standards.