1. Explain policies, procedures, or services to patients, respond to their inquiries regarding physicians and services, refer patients to appropriate health care services or resources, and escort patients and guests on formalization rounds of hospital facilities.
2. Schedule patients’ appointment with doctors, clinics, or labs, confirm/remind patients about their appointments beforehand, and updated the concerned personnel regarding any cancellations or changes in the schedules.
3. Register new patients in the “Axium System”, and maintain patient records by obtaining, recording, and updating personal, medical and financial information as well as retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other authorized medical personnel.
4. Respond to patients’ complaints regarding hospital services and/or staff and ensure that concerns are handled properly. As well as follow-up and provide feedback on the results of analysis reports to the Patients' Complaint Committee.
5. Record and collect patient charges, control credit extended to patients, collect and expedite third-party claims, and coordinate with insurance companies to inquire about payable or paid claims.
6. Compile financial data and perform financial analysis assessments of uninsured patients in order to provide them with suitable payment arrangements as per UDHS’s policies and procedures.
7. Keep up-to-date with the number of patients, new admissions, issues and complaints, and prepare various reports, analysis and statistics when requested by management.
8. Contribute in the development of strategic and operational plans for the Patients Relation Unit.
9. Ensures a safe environment of care for all patients, families and guests.
10. Maintain the confidentially of all medical records and patient information as per hospital standards.