Main accountabilities & expectations
The main responsibility of the Purchasing Analyst are :
- Administer and coordinate with various Departments/Sections /units throughout the university; to ensure efficient and cost-effective Procurement process.
- Ensure efficient & cost-effective provision of Services/items in a timely manner; to all university Colleges/ Departments/Sections /units as per applicable policies & procedures.
- Perform bidder pre-qualification, bidder lists, bid solicitation, bid analysis, negotiation and commitment/rewarding of purchase orders.
- Prepare relevant Bids tabulation & comparison sheets/reports for processing of Purchase Orders and/or annual Contracts.
- Issuance of Purchase Orders and annual agreements; as per the university relevant policies & procedures.
- Follow up delivery/implementation of Purchase Orders and/or agreements with vendors.
- Prepare and update the qualified suppliers list & advise vendors of their performance indicators.
- Processing financial obligations toward Vendors & Service Providers, as per contractual terms & conditions.
- Perform administration of purchase orders, following contractual commitments and engineered technical specifications; in coordination with the request originator.
- Perform and administer establishment of annual Agreements/Contracts; through tendering, evaluation of Commercial bids & assist in negotiation meetings with vendors; as per relevant ECAE policies & procedures.
- Attend meetings with Vendors & Service Providers to assist director of Procurement to evaluate proposed Services/items and relevant contractual terms & conditions.
- Prepare relevant notes/reports; to assist Director Procurement and the Purchasing Committee in decision-making process.
- Ascertains that the Work Service Policies and Procedures of the Procurement department are fully understood and strictly followed and coordinates activities though the cycle.
- Assist in the preparation of the Procurement department's budget
- Administer, control and coordinate budget and expenditures.
- Manage and ensure timely completion of projects within the fiscal year and appropriated funding level.
- Use excellent customer service skills, establish and maintain effective working relationship with other employees, public officials, and members of the general public.
- Review and respond to vendor protests.
- Measure vendor performance. Cancel contract, suspend or implement debarment proceedings on vendors not meeting performance requirements.
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the Director of Procurement